The Lexington Foundation was established in 1984 to help make a lasting impact on the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities. Gifts to the Foundation go directly to providing critically needed support to people who need it.
Each year, the Lexington Foundation responds to requests from Lexington to help fund areas of need. Grant requests are reviewed and approved by the Lexington Foundation Board of Directors.
Historically, the Lexington Foundation has helped fund numerous events and necessities:
- Lexington’s Special Olympics athletic program
- An annual educational conference held for Fulton County families caring for someone with a developmental disability.
- A conference to help individuals with developmental disabilities become self-advocates
- The “Making Dreams Come True” program that helps fund the needs and dreams of people with developmental disabilities
- Improvements to several Lexington residences to provide fire evacuation routes
Won’t you join us in supporting important and innovative programs like these?
For more information about the people and programs of Lexington, visit the Lexington website at www.lexingtoncenter.org.