You can donate your car to Lexington! Simply click on the image above and then choose NY The Arc of Lexington!
Welcome to The Lexington Foundation!
The Lexington Foundation is the fundraising and grant-making entity that provides important philanthropic support to the programs and services of Lexington - Fulton County Chapter of NYSARC, Inc., an agency that offers an array of programs, services and support to approximately 1,000 children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Fulton and Albany Counties.
The Lexington Foundation was established in 1984 to help make a lasting impact on the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities. Gifts to the Foundation go directly to providing critically needed support to people who need it. By donating to the Lexington Foundation, you will help provide continued quality services for individuals living with disabilities.
Each year, The Lexington Foundation responds to requests from Lexington to help fund areas of need. Grant requests are reviewed and approved by the Lexington Foundation Board of Directors. Your gift directly supports critical and currently unfunded areas of need for those served by Lexington. Historically, the Lexington Foundation has helped fund numerous events and necessities:
- Transportation and equipment for athletes who participate in extra-curricular sporting events through Special Olympics
- An iPod Touch to help an individual communicate at his job site
- A tour bus for FLAME so that the members who have serious physical challenges are able to travel to concerts in comfort and safety
- An annual educational conference held for Fulton County families caring for someone with a developmental disability.
- A conference to help individuals with developmental disabilities become self-advocates
- The “Making Dreams Come True” program which helps fund the needs and dreams of people with developmental disabilities
- Improvements to several Lexington residences to provide fire evacuation routes
Won’t you join us in supporting important and innovative programs like these? Your contributions can help make a difference! On behalf of our staff and the individuals we serve, we thank you for your consideration. Your support is both valued and appreciated.
For more information about the people and programs of Lexington, visit the Lexington website by clicking here.